Student Research Opportunities
Faculty and students are engaged in research that enhances the quality of teaching and performance. Musical excellence, superior performance and academic success are what our professors and students strive for. Faculty and student creative productivity includes published articles, books, original musical compositions, musical arrangements, digital recordings, regional and national public recitals and concerts, live and studio recordings and technological innovation.
The Hampton University performing ensembles strive to provide a high level of musical experiences for its members. These organizations provide music for various Universty functions on and off campus under the umbrella of the Deparment of Music. These ensembles include:
- The Marching F.O.R.C.E. *
- Symphonic Winds *
- Concert Band
- Pep Band
- Low Brass Ensemble
- Percussion Ensemble
- Jazz Band and Combos *
- The University Choir
- Concert Choir *
- HIS Chosen Sounds *
- University Chamber Orchestra *
*Auditons required for participation in these ensembles.
Sudent Orginanizations and Clubs
- Sigma Alpha Iota, International Music Fraternity for Women, Inc.
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Fraternity of America, Inc.
- National Association of Music Education (NAfME)
- Audio engineering Society (AES)
- Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority, Inc.