The Department of Music is located in the Dett Wing of Armstrong Hall. This wing was named in honor of the Music Department's founder and noted composer, R. Nathaniel Dett. This facility includes classrooms, individual practice rooms, two listening rooms, recording studios, a Piano Laboratory, a Guitar Laboratory, a Computer Music Laboratory, Music Recording Technology (MRT) Recording Studios, and a Music Library. R. Nathaniel Dett Auditorium is also located in Armstrong Hall, which is a 190-seat recital hall.
The South Wing houses administrative offices for the department, the orchestra hall, the music education computer lab and two classrooms.
The Wainwright Auditorium in Clarke Hall is the primary rehearsal site for all University Choirs. The second floor of Clarke Hall also houses the office of the Director of University Choirs, two practice studios, and the choral library.
The historic 1300 seat Ogden Hall is the site for major concerts and recitals, with over 21,000 square feet of space and a fully equipped stage.
According to many, Ogden Hall has the most superior acoustics in the United States. Ogden Hall's Aeolian Skinner Pipe Organ is one of the many outstanding features on our campus.
The Convocation Center is the site of the University Bands' rehearsal hall & the Bands' personnel offices.