Child Development Center Information for Parents
- Admission to the program is open to children of faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members.
- Parents who are interested in enrolling their child in the Child Development Center should complete the application form and bring it or mail it to the address listed on the form.
- Application forms will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Acceptance is based on availability of space for the age and developmental readiness level of the applicant child. Priority in moving children into open spaces is given to children who are currently enrolled in our centers.
- When openings become available, the following criteria will determine the acceptance of the child:
- Appropriate age
- Toilet trained
- Date application was received
- Sibling of current student in the Child Development Center
- Child of HU faculty, alumni or student
- Child of community members
- Parents will be contacted when a space is available for their child. Parents will be given a 24 hour window to accept or decline the space.
Tuition and Fees
The weekly tuition for the Child Development Center is $140. If a family enrolls more than one child the cost is $126 per additional child. The part time rate is $125. Part time is considered to be 25 hours or less.
Registration is $100. For each additional child in a family the cost is $75 per child.
Hampton University administrators, faculty, staff, and students receive a 10% discount on the weekly rate.